Aluminum Profile "Y3" is a 3" wide recessed housing for high output LED's which is suitable for general or accent lighting applications. It creates a dramatic 3" wide line of seamless, evenly diffused DOTLESS lighting. It is our widest variant of the "Y" series channels and can accommodate up to two rows of high-output LED strips with 2.55" (64.8 mm) of interior space, and properly disperse heat from the strips maximizing their lifetime. Aluminum Profile "Y3" is conveniently sold in 8ft lengths as a completed kit including one pair of end-caps, (3) sets of spring-activated drywall-retaining clips, and a durable premium PC frosted lens (diffuser). View Spec Sheet Here!
- Use to create Dramatic 3" Wide Recessed Lighting Designs
- Modern and elegant look that is adaptable to almost any space.
- Suitable for High-Output General Lighting
- Maximizes Lifetime of LED strips by dissipating heat.
- Easily recessable
- Protect strips from the elements
- Well-Stocked and Ready to Ship from our Miami, FL facility.
8' (Actual Size 94", 96" available with shipping surcharge)
2.92" (3.53" w/ flange)
1.31" (1.38" w/ flange)
Max Light Output
High (6 Watts/ft)
Max Strip Width
One of our most popular LED channels! Aluminum Profile "Y3" can be used to create beautiful 3" wide recessed lighting. High capacity makes this housing suitable for general lighting applications. It can be seamlessly installed to make continuous runs of evenly diffused lighting up to any length (use joining hardware). It can be used in homes, offices, and commercial spaces and is adaptable with almost any design or space.
With aluminum profile "Y3", one must have the required minimum depth (1.375"). The housing can be screwed directly into framing or solid ceiling above the drywall or can be installed using drywall retaining clips.
Mounting Method #1 (Direct Screw)
- Create hole specific to your mounting screw diameter in the center of the housing. If using a single row of high-output LED tape make sure to counter-sink hole so screw will sit flush with housing.
- Anchor housing to framing or solid ceiling using screws.
- Install LED strip over mounting screw (if applicable).
Mounting Method #3 (Drywall Retaining Clips)
- Create cavity for lighting. Note: spring activated clips require 4" of clearance from cavity to solid ceiling, and 3" from center of profile to framing (opens up inside ceiling).
- Squeeze clips together as you install light fixture so they can go inside of cavity. As recessed LED housing is inserted, clips will engage and "latch" onto drywall inside of your ceiling.
To cut your aluminum profiles and make your lighting fixtures a custom length, simply snap the lens onto the profile, and place the channel onto a miter saw with the lens facing down. By doing this you can easily cut both the channel and lens to your desired length at the same time.
To achieve dot-free evenly diffused lighting in Aluminum Profile "Y3" choose from the following DOTLESS LED strips. For the best effect we recommend using two rows of LED strips.
12V DOTLESS White LED Strip (Most Popular!)
24V DOTLESS White LED Strip
High Output 24V DOTLESS LED Strip
Need More Information?
Let our knowledgeable sales staff assist with your LED Strip Selection
9AM-5PM | M-F | EST