Aluminum Profile "Q" is a recess mounted aluminum housing for high-output LED strips. It can be recessed into drywall to create flush-mounted lines of lighting. When used with our high-density, DOTLESS LED strips you can create an evenly diffused, dot-free, 7/8" line of recessed lighting. Use the provided spring activated clips to easily recess the housing into your space (NOTE: space required above drywall). Aluminum Profile "Q" can accommodate any high-output LED strip up to 0.72" wide (18.3mm) and properly dissipate the heat for maximum longevity. Aluminum Profile "Q" is sold in
6.5ft lengths (78") as a completed kit including a pair of end-caps, (3) spring activated drywall-clips, and a premium poly-carbonate frosted lens (diffuser). View Spec Sheet Here!
- Narrow High-Output Recessed lighting
- High-Quality aluminum draws the heat out of your LED's to preserve lifetime.
- Easily Recessable using provided clips OR direct-screw method (recommended)
- Protect strips from the elements
- Well-Stocked and Ready to Ship from our Miami, FL facility.
1.00" (1.10" w/ flange)
Max Light Output
High (6 Watts/ft)
Max Strip Width
Aluminum Channel "Q" is a compact, recessable aluminum extrusion that is capable of holding high-output LED strips. It's deeper design allows you to make DOTLESS fixtures with almost any LED strip (minimum LED density 16ft-60/M). It is suitable for residential or commercial lighting applications. Linear recessed lighting adds an elegant modern touch to any space.
With aluminum profile "Q", one has the option of using spring activated mounting clips, or direct-screw method.
Mounting Method #1(Counter-sunk Screws)
- Drill hole suitable to your mounting screw
- Counter-sink hole so LED strip can sit flush over flat-head screw
- Screw housing into framing or solid ceiling above drywall. Use appropriate screws. Each 78" run should use (3) screws.
Mounting Method #3 (Drywall Retaining Spring Clips)
- Attach provided spring clips to the rear of channel
- Be sure that the spring clips have space to open when they are released inside of the cavity.
- Squeeze clips as you insert them allowing the housing to go into the cavity.
- Spring activated clips will automatically engage and hold onto drywall once inserted. Use a minimum of (3) clips per 78" length.
To cut your aluminum profiles and make your lighting fixtures a custom length, simply snap the lens onto the profile, and place the channel onto a miter saw with the lens facing down. By doing this you can easily cut both the channel and lens to your desired length at the same time.
To achieve dot-free evenly diffused lighting in Aluminum Profile "Q" choose from the following DOTLESS LED strips.
12V DOTLESS White LED Strip (Most Popular!)
24V DOTLESS White LED Strip
High Output 24V DOTLESS LED Strip
Need More Information?
Let our knowledgeable sales staff assist with your LED Strip Selection
9AM-5PM | M-F | EST