Aluminum Profile "D" is our most popular, compact recessed housing for LED strips. Requiring less than 1/2" of recessed depth, Aluminum Profile "D" can be used with our DOTLESS LED strips to create dot-free, evenly diffused lines of light making it a beautiful addition to any cabinet, closet, or kitchen. Made of premium anodized aluminum, Aluminum Profile "D" maximizes the lifetime of your LEDs with its excellent heat-dissipation qualities. Aluminum Profile "D" universally works with any waterproof or non-waterproof LED strip up to 0.47" (12mm) wide. Aluminum Profile "D" is conveniently sold in 8ft lengths as a completed kit including a pair of end-caps, and one premium polycarbonate UV resistant frosted lens. Order today to discretely accent your projects! View Spec Sheet Here!
- Most Popular Recessed Profile for Cabinets!
- Slim and compact design makes it ideal for discrete applications
- Flange conceals any rough-cuts in wood and drywall.
- Easy to achieve DOTLESS and even lighting
- Maximizes lifetime rating of any LED strip by drawing out heat.
- Protects LED Strips from water and damaging elements.
- Well-stocked and ready to ship from our Miami, FL facility.
8' (Actual Size 94", 96" available with shipping surcharge)
0.70" (0.98" w/ flange)
Max Light Output
Medium (3 Watts/ft)
Max Strip Width
An incredibly popular solution for illuminating cabinets, closets, and more! Our Aluminum Profile "D" can be combined with our DOTLESS LED strips to make evenly diffused, dot-free flush mounted lighting in any space. Compact design requires less than 1/2" of recessed depth. Use in outdoor applications to provide added waterproofing to wet-rated LED strips.
Installation: For Aluminum Profile "D" one can recess the profile with counter sunk screws, or using VHB adhesive or double sided tape.
Mounting Method #1 (Direct Screw)
- Create hole specific to your mounting screw diameter in the center of the housing. If using a single row of high-output LED tape make sure to counter-sink hole so screw will sit flush with housing.
- Anchor housing to framing or solid ceiling using screws.
- Install LED strip over mounting screw (if applicable).
To cut your aluminum profiles and make your lighting fixtures a custom length, simply snap the lens onto the profile, and place the channel onto a miter saw with the lens facing down. By doing this you can easily cut both the channel and lens to your desired length at the same time.
To achieve dot-free evenly diffused lighting in Aluminum Profile "D" choose from the following DOTLESS LED strips.
12V DOTLESS White LED Strip (Most Popular!)
24V DOTLESS White LED Strip
Need More Information?
Let our knowledgeable sales staff assist with your LED Strip Selection
9AM-5PM | M-F | EST