Our Aluminum Profile "DT3," is a slim, low-profile, recessed aluminum extrusion for LED strips that evenly diffuses light when used with our DOTLESS, high-density, LED strips. The compact design allows for a seamless plaster-in installation inside 1⁄2" or 5⁄8" drywall without having to modify framing. Easily recess in walls and ceilings to cast beautiful, diffused, and even lighting throughout your space.
- Slim profile suitable for professional discrete applications
- Easily concealable
- Plaster beads allow for seamless finish
- Channels act as a heat sink allowing LED strips to perform to their full life capacity
- Easy to achieve dot-less lighting
- Anodized aluminum channels protect your LED strips from the elements, making them waterproof
**Stocked and Shipped from Miami, FL. Ships same or next business day, over night and 2-day shipping available. Get your desired products quick!**
8' (Actual Size 94", 96" available with shipping surcharge)
Max Light Output
Medium (3 Watts/ft)
Max Strip Width
DT3 is a slim and low profile that is recess-able, making it perfectly suitable for discrete lighting applications with low to medium output lighting. The slim and low profile of this channel makes it a perfect solution for use of narrow recessed lighting in ceilings, walls, and application in many other settings in which a flush in-wall mount is desired. Although intended mainly for indoor use, the channels can be waterproofed making them suitable for outdoor applications giving you even more options for your lighting ideas. This is the perfect channel for illuminating and accenting areas inconspicuously, having a finish flush to the surface you are putting the channel in.
In order to install LED aluminum housing DT3, a frame must be built on either side of the light fixture
- Once you have built a frame with adequate space in the middle for the channel, screw the channel into the frame through the holes in the plaster bead
- Once in place, apply a single layer of drywall tape over channel opening or lens in order to ensure that no plaster gets inside the channel.
- Apply a single layer of drywall tape over the plaster bead to avoid cracking
- Apply plaster with a compound knife for a smooth finish, for best results use Durabond
- Sand paint and finish surface entirely before removing contractor's tape
- Pass power feed to remote drive
To cut your aluminum profiles and make your lighting fixtures a custom length, simply snap the lens onto the profile, and place the channel onto a miter saw with the lens facing down. By doing this you can easily cut both the channel and lens to your desired length at the same time.
Need More Information?
Let our knowledgeable sales staff assist with your LED Strip Selection
9AM-5PM | M-F | EST