Our Aluminum Profile "
DT12", is a slim, low-profile, recessed aluminum extrusion for LED strips that evenly diffuses light when used with our DOTLESS, high-density, LED strips. The compact design allows for a seamless plaster-in installation inside 1⁄2" or 5⁄8" drywall without having to modify framing. Easily recess in drywall to cast beautiful, diffused, and even lighting throughout your space.
- Narrow profile suitable for professional discrete corner mounted applications
- Easily concealable
- Plaster-in for seamless lighting finish
- Channels act as a heat sink allowing LED strips to perform to their full life capacity while protecting them
- Easy to achieve Dot-free lighting! Use our UL-listed DOTLESS LED strips
- Well-Stocked and Ready to Ship from our Miami, FL facility.
8' (Actual size 94", 96" available w/ shipping surcharge
0.51" (Light Aperture)
0.55" (0.35" Recessed Depth)
Max Light Output
Medium (3 Watts/ft)
Max Strip Width
DT12 is a slim and low profile that is recess-able, making it perfectly suitable for discrete lighting applications with low to medium output lighting. The slim and low profile of this channel makes it a perfect solution for use of narrow recessed lighting in ceilings, walls, and application in many other drywall settings in which a flush in-wall mount is desired. The shape of it makes it perfect for use in corners. Although intended mainly for indoor use, the channels can be waterproofed making them suitable for outdoor applications giving you even more options for your lighting ideas. This is the perfect channel for illuminating and accenting areas inconspicuously, having a finish flush to the surface you are putting the channel in.
- Using a drywall knife, cut a slot for the Aluminum Housing.
- Using a flat-head drywall screw, screw the housing through the integrated plaster-bead and secure it to the drywall.
- Apply a single layer of contractors tape over light opening
- Apply drywall tape over integrated plaster-bead
- Apply plaster, smooth with compound knife.
- Sand down to get smooth finish and paint.
To cut your aluminum profiles and make your lighting fixtures a custom length, simply snap the lens onto the profile, and place the channel onto a miter saw with the lens facing down. By doing this you can easily cut both the channel and lens to your desired length at the same time.
Need More Information?
Let our knowledgeable sales staff assist with your LED Strip Selection
9AM-5PM | M-F | EST