Aluminum Profile "Y" is a 1" wide recessed housing for LED strips. It creates a 1" wide aperture of evenly diffused, DOTLESS LED lighting. It features a recessed flange that covers imperfections in drywall cuts. Aluminum Profile "Y" can accommodate any LED strip (single or double row) up to 0.96" (24.4mm) wide. Extruded from high quality aluminum alloy, this channel maximizes the lifetime of your high-output LED strips by dissipating the heat. Aluminum Profile "Y" is conveniently sold in 8ft lengths as a completed kit including one pair of end-caps, (3) sets of spring-activated drywall-retaining clips, and a durable premium PC frosted lens (diffuser). View Spec Sheet Here!
- Creates seamless, 1" wide, recessed lighting
- Perfect solution for homes, offices, and retail spaces.
- Designed for low-voltage LEDs to minimize clearance required over drywall (1.38" depth required).
- Modern design suitable for many applications
- Maximizes Lifetime of LED strips by dissipating heat
- Easily Recessable
- Protect strips from the elements
- Well-Stocked and Ready to Ship from our Miami, FL facility.
8' (Actual Size 94", 96" available with shipping surcharge)
1.38" (1.96" w/ flange)
1.32" (1.38" w/ flange)
Max Light Output
High (10 Watts/ft)
Max Strip Width
Aluminum Profile "Y" is our most compact housing for high-output recessed LED lighting making it a sleek and attractive solution for general lighting applications. It can be seamlessly installed to make continuous runs of evenly diffused lighting up to any length (use joining hardware). Use in residential or commercial applications: homes, restaurants, hotels, and office spaces.
With aluminum profile "Y", one must have the required minimum depth (1.375"). The housing can be screwed directly into framing or solid ceiling above the drywall or can be installed using drywall retaining clips.
Mounting Method #1 (Direct Screw)
- Create hole specific to your mounting screw diameter in the center of the housing. If using a single row of high-output LED tape make sure to counter-sink hole so screw will sit flush with housing.
- Anchor housing to framing or solid ceiling using screws.
- Install LED strip over mounting screw (if applicable).
Mounting Method #3 (Drywall Retaining Clips)
- Create cavity for lighting. Note: spring activated clips require 4" of clearance from cavity to solid ceiling, and 3" from center of profile to framing (opens up inside ceiling).
- Squeeze clips together as you install light fixture so they can go inside of cavity. As recessed LED housing is inserted, clips will engage and "latch" onto drywall inside of your ceiling.
To cut your aluminum profiles and make your lighting fixtures a custom length, simply snap the lens onto the profile, and place the channel onto a miter saw with the lens facing down. By doing this you can easily cut both the channel and lens to your desired length at the same time.
To achieve dot-free evenly diffused lighting in Aluminum Profile "Y" choose from the following DOTLESS LED strips.
12V DOTLESS White LED Strip (Most Popular!)
24V DOTLESS White LED Strip
High Output 24V DOTLESS LED Strip
Need More Information?
Let our knowledgeable sales staff assist with your LED Strip Selection
9AM-5PM | M-F | EST